Effective date: August 31, 2021
1. DATA CONTROLLER
Gataca España S.L.U. (hereinafter, "GATACA") in its capacity as Data Controller is a Spanish limited liability company with tax identification number B88524525 and duly registered in the Commercial Register of Madrid.
2. WHAT IS A COOKIE?
Cookies are small files, downloaded on your device (such as your mobile, computer or tablet) when you access the Site. Cookies are used to guarantee the quality, usability and correct functionality of websites, as well as to store and recover information about browsing habits and to personalise their content and may sometimes be used to recognise the user of a website.
Cookies are therefore essential to the functioning of the Site, and in no way constitute a risk to your computer or your device. Moreover, they can help us to identify possible improvements to the Site and to detect website malfunctions.
3. TYPE OF COOKIES
Cookies can be classified into different types, according to different criteria:
3.1 Types of cookies by the entity that manages them
First-party cookies: those cookies sent to users’ devices from a device or domain managed by the editor of the Site itself and from which the service requested by users is provided.
Third-party cookies: those cookies sent to users’ devices from a device or domain not managed by the editor of the Site, but by another entity that processes any data obtained through cookies.
3.2 Types of cookies by how long they remain active on your device
Session cookies: those designed to collect and store data while users access the Site. They are regularly used to store information that is only relevant with regard to the provision of the service requested by users in a single situation (for example, a list of purchased products) and which disappear once the session is closed.
Persistent cookies: such cookies remain stored in your terminal device until it reaches a defined period of time defined by the cookie manager, which can range from a few minutes to several years. They may be used for a variety of purposes including remembering your preferences and choices when using a site or for target advertising.
3.3 Types of cookies by their purpose
Functional/technical cookies: such cookies allow you to browse the Site. Technical cookies will allow you to use the different functionalities and services of the Site, for example, the login with your identifier.
Preference or personalisation cookies: such cookies allow to remember information so that you can access the Site with features that may differentiate your experience from those of other users, such as, for example, the appearance or content of the Site, which may vary depending on the type of browser you use or the region from which it is accessed.
Analytics or measurement cookies: such cookies allow the cookies manager to perform follow-up and analysis of the user behaviour at the websites to which such cookies are linked; this includes a quantitative measurement of the impact of an advertisement. Any information collected by means of this type of cookies is used to measure activity on any website, application or platform, for the purposes of introducing improvements in function of the analysis of the data regarding the service use made by users.
Advertising Cookies: such cookies allow the management, in the most efficient way possible, of the advertising spaces that, where appropriate, have been included on the Site.
Behavioural advertising cookies: such cookies allow the effective management of advertising spaces that may have been included on the Site, through the storage of information on your behaviour obtained by the continuous observation of your browsing habits, which allows the development of a specific profile to display advertising based on the same.
4. WHAT COOKIES DO WE USE?
In addition to those cookies strictly necessary for web browsing, such as session cookies, this Site uses analytics and advertising cookies, first-party and third-party (such as Google Analytics), which allow information to be stored in the user's browser, which can be restored on subsequent visits. Details of the characteristics of each of these cookies are described below.
You can find out the list of cookies used by the Site in the cookie configuration centre.
GATACA’s first-party cookies are necessary cookies[PM8] . Their purpose is to allow users to browse through the Site and use the different options or services that exist on it, including those that GATACA uses to allow the management and operation of the Site and to enable its functions and services, such as, for example, controlling traffic and data communication, identifying the session, accessing restricted access areas, etc. These cookies are necessary for the Site to function.
With regard to the following third-party cookies, GATACA is not responsible for the content and veracity of their privacy and/or cookie policies. We currently use the following Third Parties for third-party cookies:
- Google Analytics to collect Usage Data through the Website. You can find more information about Google Analytics’ use of your personal data here: https://marketingplatform.google.com/about/analytics/terms/us/
- Fullstory, a data analytics software, to better understand how you are using our Website. You can find more information about Fullstory’s use of your personal data here: https://www.fullstory.com/legal/privacy-policy/
- HubSpot, a customer relationship management software in order to collect Usage Data through the Website. You can find more information about Hubspot’s use of your Personal Data here: https://legal.hubspot.com/privacy-policy
5. HOW TO MANAGE COOKIES ON OUR SITE?
5.1 Managing cookies through GATACA’s Cookie Management Centre
Please note that if you accept third-party cookies, you can also delete them, if you wish, directly through the cookie management options of your browser, as explained in the following point 5.2.
5.2 Managing cookies through your browser
You can also allow, block or delete the cookies installed on your computer at any time through the options provided by your browser. Please note that if you disable all cookies, some of the functionalities or content of the Site may be affected.
Here's how to do it:
- If you use Microsoft Internet Explorer: click on the Settings button in Internet Explorer and then Privacy > Settings > Advanced and choose whether you want to accept, block, or be prompted for first-party and third-party cookies. For more information, click here
- If you use Firefox: click on the Firefox button and select Options > Privacy > Use custom settings for history > Check the Accept cookies option to enable them, and uncheck it to disable them > Choose how long cookies will be stored > OK. For more information, click here
- If you use Chrome: click on the Chrome menu in the browser toolbar > Settings > Show advanced options > In the "Privacy" section, click on Content settings > In the "Cookies" section, you can manage cookies. For more information, click here
- If you use Safari: go to Preferences and, in the Privacy panel, choose Block Cookies, and select the option you prefer from those offered by the browser. For more information, click here
- If you use Opera: click on Settings > Options > Advanced > Cookies. For more information, click here
- If you use an iPhone or iPad: from the home screen, select Settings > Safari and then choose your preferred configuration option. For more information, click here
- If you use Android: click on Menu > Settings > Security and Privacy > activate or deactivate the "Accept cookies" checkbox > Restart the browser for the changes to take effect.
- If you use Windows Phone: in Internet Explorer, click on More > Settings. You can also access Internet Explorer settings via Settings in the list of applications. Select or deselect the "Allow cookies" option.
6. LEGAL BASIS
The processing of your personal data is necessary for the purposes indicated above in section 4, and its legal basis is the consent of the user, which he/she gives when he/she accepts its use through the button provided for this purpose. In any case, in accordance with the provisions of section 5 above, users may revoke such consent at any time.
7. HOW LONG ARE COOKIES STORED?
The cookie retention periods will depend on the type of cookie and its owner. You can find more information about these periods in section 4 of this policy.
8. THIRD PARTY AND INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS
Your data may also be communicated to competent authorities in the exercise of their functions.
9. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
10. CONTACT US