Job opening - Frontend Developer
Who are we?
GATACA is a cybersecurity company that provides self-sovereign identity technology. We power users with a mobile ID wallet to enjoy passwordless, hyper-secure, and privacy-preserving access to digital services worldwide. Read more about what we do here: https://bit.ly/31Us3Ln
Since its inception at MIT in 2018, GATACA has received several European grants, has deployed impactful projects with organizations like the European Commission or the Royal Mint of Spain (FNMT), and has been featured by prominent publications such as MIT, Forbes, Business Insider, and Expansion.
If you want to join a growing startup with an ambitious goal, keep reading!
What will you do? 💻
To work on the evolution of a self-sovereign identity (SSI) platform and help scale it to serve millions of users with maximum guarantees of privacy and security. For this purpose, we need a person who can participate in the design, implementation, and delivery of complex products (both B2B and B2C). You will:
- Work closely with the CTO and alongside a cross-functional engineering team to develop frontend technology, write client-side code, develop rapid prototypes, evolve current products, and create robust production web and mobile applications
- Develop products from scratch, determining the structure & architecture of our front-end applications (both web and mobile)
- Develop features to enhance the user experience
- Participate in code reviews for others' work.
- Troubleshoots and corrects front-end application-related issues.
- Optimize web pages and mobile pages for maximum performance and scalability
- Build reusable code for future use and shared it among the front-end applications.
- Develop and maintain technical & support documentation
In 1 month ...
You’ll be welcomed with open arms.
From day one, GATACA has prepared an onboarding schedule where you will get a 360 view of the mission of the company, of our clients, and of the different areas of the product. You will meet all GATACA team members over breakfast, and you will learn what each person does and the technical and business challenges in individual sessions. We will have small tasks prepared for you to become familiar with our technology.
In 3 months...
You will begin to really understand the architecture of our SSI platform, you will assume complex tasks, and you will contribute to technical decisions about the product. You are expected to start generating tangible impact and deliver the first results, such as designing solutions to specific problems.
In 12 months ...
You will be fully integrated into GATACA. You will have contributed to a major product transformation and scaled it to large production environments. You will be autonomous, proactive, resourceful, and excited about the company’s future. You will help continue building a great team and preserve the innovative spirit of the company.
Who will you work closest with? 🕺
You will be in a dynamic and international environment. Our goal is to make our team as international and diverse as possible, as we believe that it is the key to success. Your colleagues will still be mostly Spanish native speakers, but your clients and other interlocutors will be mostly from other parts of the world. You will need a fluent level of English since you will use it in your day-to-day life.
You will join as part of the technical team with the following key people:
- Samuel Gomez (CTO) - https://www.linkedin.com/in/samuelgoes/
- Jose (CSO) - https://www.linkedin.com/in/jsanjup/
- Daniel (Backend engineer) - https://www.linkedin.com/in/daniel-moledo-garcia-655004192/
- Ángela (Frontend engineer) - https://www.linkedin.com/in/angela-benavente-almazan/
- Estefanía (UX/UI designer) - https://www.linkedin.com/in/tefy-zambrano/
Our way of working in the visual area is:
1. Create a prototype by the design department
2. The prototype must be accepted by the business department
3. Frontend developers implement the prototype
Who do we need? 🤼♀️
- You enjoy solving complex technical problems. Can’t stop until you find a solution.
- You are comfortable working with abstract problem statements and enjoy giving them shape to find tangible solutions
- You are comfortable adapting to fast-paced markets with changing needs
- You like working in small teams
- You are resourceful and proactive
- You prefer to work in a company where there is so much to do yet than in a company that offers a very-well defined job
- You know how to balance quality and results: you strive for maximum quality, but know when to stop and deliver.
- You are comfortable with deadlines
- You are persistent and keep a positive attitude in adversity
- Provable web development experience
- Experience with responsive and adaptive design.
Keen on putting ideas into programming codes.
- Experience building B2B SaaS platforms
- Experience with React programming library
- App development experience (iOS & Android native or React Native)
- Experience with graphic design applications such as Adobe Illustrator, Figma, or similar tools.
- Interest/experience in UX/UI
What do we offer? 🤝
- Gross salary range 30-35K€
- Contract type: full-time
- Stock Options in the company - we want all employees to be also owners.
- Highly innovative and motivating project
- Career development opportunities
- Startup mindset: friendly, informal, and fun work environment which is highly productive, collaborative, and innovative - where your voice is heard, and people come first
- Work-life balance: a combination of Work from home + office that adapts to your needs
- Flexible schedule
- Birthdays off
- 23 working days per year of vacation
Where, when? 📪
We have a nice in Madrid, where we have access to all sorts of conveniences: plenty of space for us, 2 meeting rooms equipped with nice tech, and a kitchen where you can cook or store a few things.
During Covid, we’ve prioritized remote work as a first option, and some team members are enjoying it, so we’ll keep a balance moving forward. We like to meet at least once a week, but flexibility and work-life balance remain a priority.
Schedule: Mon to Fri. Flexible schedule.
- Deadline: February 28, 2023
- Apply here → http://bit.ly/3GgZ9qE