Job - Senior UX/UI Designer
Who are we?
GATACA is a cybersecurity company that provides self-sovereign identity technology. We power users with a mobile ID wallet to enjoy passwordless, hyper-secure and privacy-preserving access to digital services worldwide. Read more about what we do here.
Since its inception at MIT in 2018, GATACA has received several European grants, has deployed impactful projects with organizations like the European Commission or the Royal Mint of Spain (FNMT), and has been featured by prominent publications such as MIT, Forbes, Business Insider, and Expansion.
If you want to join a growing startup with an ambitious goal, keep reading.
What will you do? 💻
To work on the evolution of a self-sovereign identity (SSI) platform and help scale it to serve millions of users with maximum guarantees of privacy and security. For this purpose, we need a person who will be responsible for the design of digital GATACA’s user experiences across our website, SaaS solution and mobile App, and the implementation of UX/UI best practices and principles across all our digital products (both B2B and B2C). You will:
- Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with product managers and engineers
- Be the link between business team and dev team writing user stories
- Define information and UI architectures to develop conceptual diagrams, storyboards, wireframes, prototypes, sitemaps and visual designs
- Develop UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how sites function and look like
- Create original graphic designs (e.g. images, sketches and tables) and user interface elements, like menus, tabs and widgets.
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g. responsiveness)
- Conduct layout adjustments based on user feedback
- Design and adhere to style standards on fonts, colors and images
- Develop the products and/or features designed when needed (both web and mobile). Participate in code reviews for others' work
- Conduct usability testing
Who do we need? 🤼♀️
- You enjoy solving complex technical problems. Can’t stop until you find a solution.
- You are comfortable working with abstract problem statements and enjoy giving them shape to find tangible solutions
- You are comfortable adapting to fast-paced markets with changing needs
- You like working in small teams
- You are resourceful and proactive
- You prefer to work in a company where there is so much to do yet, than in a company that offers a very-well defined job
- You know how to balance quality and results: you strive for maximum quality, but know when to stop and deliver.
- You are comfortable with deadlines
- You are persistent and keep a positive attitude in adversity
- >3 years of work experience in UX / UI Design or a similar role
- Strong knowledge of UX design methodologies, understanding of best practices and contemporary design patterns
- Good expertise with UX/UI tools (such as Figma, Axure, Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Sketch or similar)
- Experience with responsive and adaptive design.
- Good understanding of user research methods
- A portfolio that demonstrates your process for solving design problems
- Experience building B2B SaaS platforms
- Fluent in English
- Experience with React & React Native programming library
What do we offer? 🤝
- Gross salary range 35-45K€
- Contract type: full-time
- Stock Options in the company - we want all employees to be also owners.
- Highly innovative and motivating project
- Career development opportunities
- Startup mindset: friendly, informal and fun work environment which is highly productive, collaborative and innovative - where your voice is heard and people come first
- Work-life balance: combination of Work from home + office that adapts to your needs
- Flexible schedule
- Birthdays off
- 23 working days per year of vacation
Where, when? 📪
We enjoy beautiful offices in a co-working space in Madrid, where we have access to all sort of conveniences: plenty of space for us, an auditorium, 2 meeting rooms equipped with nice tech, a kitchen where you can cook or store a few things, locks, security, and inspiring neighbors.
During Covid, we’ve prioritized remote work as a first option and some team members are enjoying it, so we’ll keep a balance moving forward. We like to meet at least once a week, but flexibility and work-life balance remain a priority.
Schedule: Mon to Fri. Flexible schedule.
- Deadline: March 11th, 2022
- Apply here → https://share.hsforms.com